Monday 17 March 2014

Just too much!

duty free shopping at airport
I have some cheery travel posts lined up, but right now it's 6 in the morning (I've been up since 4) and I think the word that best describes how I'm feeling is surfeit: "To feed or supply to excess, satiety, or disgust."

I've just slept for twelve hours so I have a headache. I've had two busy weeks of eating whatever (including plenty of junk food) and doing little exercise. I've had days and days sitting squished into a tiny, hard plane seat snuggled up to strangers being fed more or less revolting food at random hours of the day and night.

I've seen SO much 'luxury' junk on Orchard Road in Singapore and in airports. Why is it that they think the main thing you want when totally exhausted and nauseous from travel is to buy a Gucci bag or a Hermes scarf or a Chanel perfume? Nope, nope, nope!

I'm looking forward to a virtuous period of healthy food, exercise, keeping my spending down and making sure I get outside and look at trees and grass and flowers as often as possible.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I get really excited when I shout into the void and the void says "hello" back at me. Thanks for your comments!